Thursday, May 31, 2012

We are not the one that got away!


Okay, I think it is time for me to revive this blog.

Hello everyone! Haven’t heard from us for quite some time huh? Firstly, I have to apologise for going missing for almost 1 year (or around 10 months to be more exact). I have been facing people like Oliver Heaviside, Laplace, Raoult, Bragg, Joule, Thompson, Clausius, Helmholtz, Dirac Delta, Henry, Boltzmann, Plank, Kishner, Wolff, Grignard, Williamson, Wittig, Alder, Fourier, Gauss, Euler and etc. almost every day until recently. No! You got it wrong! They are not cover singers but great scientists who have discovered many wonderful laws and theories. They are really great people, but now, I would prefer to face people from other field instead: D

Personally, I feel that the cover singing scene in Singapore has evolved tremendously in these 10 months. When I tried searching “Singapore cover” on YouTube, I get more search results, and among those are some really good quality covers!

To mark the comeback of Singing Windows, I would like to feature this cover done by Clarice Wong. “The one that got away” by Katy Perry! And we are back, and hopefully not getting away again!



According to the video description, this is a collaboration between her and another Singaporean producer named Sky Ong. Although the video garnered 17 dislikes out of 28 votes (at published time), I feel that she has the potential to become a successful cover singer.

There is also another version of this cover, which is also done by Singaporeans. This is another reason why I would like to feature this song in my comeback post!



Strictly speaking, this should not be considered as a cover, but rather a spoofed version of Katy Perry’s song. The song really sounds awful in this version; bad voice with ugly meme picture in the video. However, I still find it interesting as the lyrics of this version accurately depict some of my peers’ life in the last 10 months.

I shall not make this post too long. Too much of it might be bad for digestion, haha! 


p/s we have received some submissions from fellow cover singers! We will try to feature them when they fit the theme of future posts. Meanwhile, keep producing good covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment